Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lead Me Not Into Temptation

Ravelry. One word. Such impact. This one wee little (ha ha ha!!) website was the beginning of my yarn hoard, but that's a story for another day. Today I will talk about the tempation that is Raverly.
The yarn tab. Yeah. Just click it. Pull up any yarn you love or think you might love or don't even give a damn about, and you'll find gobs of that yarn...for sale. You don't even have to go to the destashing group, or the swapping group. Nope. You can pretty much find any yarn you want...for sale. (Get that....for SALE, meaning you can BUY it....) Sigh. Seriously. You might just be looking for some projects for those two cool skeins you forgot you had. You click around. Ohhhhh look what that gal made with FIVE skeins. So you check on the stashes and yup, three more can be had for less than retail. GAH!! How can a girl trying to knit her way out of the mondo stash function in a place like this???
And yet, pretty much on a daily basis, you can find me on Raverly, not only in the ISO/Destash Group, but just looking at things via the "YARRRRNNNNN" tab. So far, I've only wanted to buy once. Well, you know, I could count the yarns that made me go "Oh...do I really want to do this yarn knit down thing..???" but I don't. There was only ONE that I was really upset was sold before I got to it and to be fair to myself, this yarn is actually listed on my profile as my MOST favorite yarn ever and it was super cheap. Just typing that out makes me all weepy. Best yarn ever. Cheapest I've ever seen it for sale. Damn. I am taking a mental note of that little victory for when reward time for this stupid challenge I've put on myself is over.
For now, I'll keep builiding resistance to yarn by looking at it daily and not buying it, but wishing I did...or could....I'm thinking perhaps it's something akin to yarn vaccination. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment